Julie’s has years of experience as an endurance athlete and training athletes, giving her firsthand knowledge of the training, nutrition, mental conditioning, and race tactics to produce winning results. As a cyclist, Julie is considered one of America’s most dominant European stage racers of her era as a 12 year US and World Tour Pro Cyclist. As a “retired” pro, Julie continues to push herself, competing and winning in gravel, cyclocross, mountain bike, Xterra, and trail running events.
Julie has a master’s in sports science and human performance and works as the Sports Science Specialist at the Kaiser Sports Medicine Endurance Lab testing athletes. Her expertise gained while working with the sport’s most prominent physiologists and coaches provides a solid background in a variety of training methodologies. Julie is a certified Specialized Body Geometry Bike Fit Technician and a certified Medicine of Cycling Bike Fitter. She studied and mentored at Exos Training Center, formerly Athletes’ Performance, and completed a six-month fellowship in Advanced Functional Biomechanics of the Lower Quarter with Dr. Chris Powers at the USC-affiliated Movement Performance Institute.
- 12-year US and World Tour Pro Cyclist for Kahlua, Saturn, Timex, Autotrader, & Team Fannini
- US National A-Team Cyclist
- 6-time UCI Road World Championship Team Cyclist
- Tour de L’Aude General Classification
- 2018, 2019 Carson Epic -1st overall amateur
- 2018, 2019 Tahoe Trails – Leadville Qualifier – 1st overall PRO/amateur
- 2019 Single Speed US National Champion
- 2018 Leadville 100 – 1st woman single speed; 3rd overall men/women single speed’ 6th overall PRO field
- Winner, US Amateur Mountain Bike Cross-Country and Marathon National Championships
- Multiple winner Xterra Lake Tahoe
- Winner, 50k Trail National Championships